Tuesday, April 10, 2007

They go by the name of...(ratatat)


Ratatat are some of the "downest" white boys I know. They released a hip hop remix album (ratatat remixes vol. 1) in 2004 where they added their signature beats, funky guitars and swelling organs (you know, like pianos) to some of the year's coolest rap hits.

Now, they're doing it again, with appearances by Kanye, Young Buck and Ghostface Killah (amazing remix). Volume 2 is coming out sometime in the near future but Mixtape Cult[ure] doesn't think you should have to wait. The mixtape below is a compilation of my fave tracks from the mixtapes. I've staggered 'em: Vol. 1, then Vol. 2, then back to Vol. 1 and so on. With a little surprise at the end.

Enjoy (and make sure you don't repeat the naughty words that the rappers use in these songs)






3 comments:

Mayowa said...

My fave tracks are def. "The Mule" and "Run"!

"The Run" track sounds so mournful with the incorporation of the organs.

Anonymous said...

That stuff is great! I love it :)

Bennett said...

I loved vol 1. Didn't even know a vol 2 was on the way. Nicee